Re: Aboot: Load. kernel in ext2 (AS 1200)/Device translation DAC960

On Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 02:09:08PM -0600, Nathan Poznick wrote:

> Don't suppose you know any magic incantations for keeping the de4x5
> driver from locking the machine as soon as a network interface is
> brought up?  It happens on my alpha (the reason I've never been able to
> get it running a 2.6.0-test* kernel), but the same problem has been
> reported by people on x86 and PPC.

Hmm; why use DE4X5 and not TULIP?

What machine are you running?

I DID have trouble with some earlier -testXX kernels with the TULIP
driver and older (EV4/EV5) boxes with builtin TULIP NICs, but those
problems seem to have gone away with the most recent (-test11 at
least) version.

 --Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - LINUX support
Hewlett-Packard Company - MRO1-2/K15       (508) 467-2080
200 Forest Street, Marlboro MA 01752       Jay.Estabrook@hp.com