UML Port

Hi

I want to run some virtual machines on my alpha to play around with with
different distributions, kernel and such stuff. But noone of the popular
emulators does imho work on linux/alpha (no emulation of the i386
instruction set like booch does).

So I asked on the uml-devel-list (user mode linux) how hard it is to port
the uml patch to other plattforms than i386, because this approach seems to
me to be the fastest (in terms of execution speed) and most generic one.
The answers were spare, and I've extracted from the answers, that the most
problems are the plattform specific ones :-|

So the question: Is there a need for a Usermode Patch, are people out
there, who has knowledge of the alpha plattform and the linux kernel and
are willing to contribute?

Joerg

--
Joerg Hoh