Re: Compaq-HP ES45 woody install

Hello,
On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 09:35:50PM -0500, Stefano Curtarolo, Ph.D. wrote:
> has somebody ever had success installing woody or sid in an ES45
> (4x21264x1.25GHz)??

<snip>

> potato+ES45 = black screen
> woody+ES45 = black screen
> unstable(temp distribution)+ES45 = black screen
> redhat+ES45 = OK but I dont want RH....
>
> Therefore I`ll stick with Tru64 until I solve this problem.

<snip>

I am currently working on getting aboot more up to date. I added a
patch from RedHat (which is now in CVS head of aboot as well) which
should allow booting on Wildfire. Currently an NMU is prepared which
should be out in a few days (or I can provide you with the respective
packages myself). If it still does not work, please file a bug against
aboot so I can start working this out together with the upstream aboot
maintainer.

Greetings

           Helge

--