Re: PCI Video Card?

On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 03:44:59PM -0000, Peter Watkinson wrote:

> Is there any chance with a radeon 8500 agp?

You mean in one of the API UP1x00 boxes? I'm not sure if it'll ever
work in the older (UP1000 or UP1100) ones, but I think I've heard
reports of success in the UP1500, which appears to have a newer SRM
(and therefore newer BIOS emulator).

> I have one in another computer. I tried it much earlier in the year with no
> success.
>
> I bought it from the Crucial memory people.

I don't think who made it really matters, it's the generic AGP BIOS
code that causes the problems with the older BIOS emulators.

 --Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - LINUX support
Hewlett-Packard Company - MRO1-2/K15       (508) 467-2080
200 Forest Street, Marlboro MA 01752       Jay.Estabrook@hp.com