Re: Installation problem on Miata PWS 500a

Giovanni Scudeller wrote:

ok.  the problem is :
- -  dont't install ?
- -  dont't boot ?

- --
-
Hello :)

Very cryptical...
For my experience PWS500 doesn't give any problem for Debian installation.
Actually I installed Debian Potato and always ugraded since then! :)

Actually I didn't read your previous messages, so I hope not to repeat something already said...
You should:
1) switch to SRM console from AlphaBIOS advanced menu
2) power cycle and wait for SRM
3) break automatic boot is configured by pressing vigorously ^C
4) boot from floppy (boot dva0) or from cdrom (boot dqa0... emm... I think)
5) installation procedure should come on screen and is simple enough only to require you to repeat pressing Enter key until the end. If you have already installed debian you will be familiar with packages and could install only packages you like. There's no particular requirement for packages on PWS, apart from kernel-image-x.y.zz-generic being preferred to install.
Be sure to compile a new optimized kernel to really enjoy the PWS! :)

S.O. di Giovanni Scudeller
fax 0331597174
e-mail so@mips.it
INFORMAZIONI STRETTAMENTE CONFIDENZIALI
How many italian PWS500 users are we?
We could even create an italian alphalinux user group! :)

Ciao!
Gianluca Bonetti
Pesaro, Italy