Aboot: Load. kernel in ext2 (AS 1200)/Device translation DAC960

Hello,
I am currently working together with the aboot maintainer and Falk
Huffner to update aboot. If you either have an AS 1200 or if you are
using an DAC960 (possibly on AlphaServer1000) I'd like to know if the
following problems are still present (please specify your aboot
version, if yes):

*http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=153176
 AS12000 with DAC960:
 Booting with root=/dev/rd/c0d0p1 fails, but with numerical notation
 it works correctly.

*http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=72465
 aboot can load a kernel in the boot sector after it, but not a kernel
 in an ext2 partition (though aboot.conf is seen just fine)

Thanks!

        Helge

--
Helge Kreutzmann, Dipl.-Phys.               Helge.Kreutzmann@itp.uni-hannover.de