2.6-test10 and DAC960 device trouble

Hello -
I decided to give 2.6.0-test10 a go on my AS1200.
The compile went fine (gcc-3.2) - very few warnings - but the kernel
cannot mount the root filesystem which resides on the dac960 -
/dev/rd/c0d0p2.  I have tried with and without devfs, and i have tried
both /dev/rd/c0d0p2 and /dev/rd/disc0/part2 as root device name.  I have
it running fine in 2.4.22 with patched do_mounts.c, but 2.6 is alot
different.  Anybody been able to solve this?
Thank's,
Mike

--
  To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.
  	-- Theodore Roosevelt