Alpha Server 2100 4/275

I have installed 3.0r1 but cannot get the Compaq EISA graphics card
to work - cannot find anything to say it is supported.
So tried the Digital ZLXp-E1 which the documentation suggests is supported
but no joy.
I am wondering if it is an SRM console issue - taking the Compaq card out gives
a console error message but when trying reinstall it using the ECU floppy to update EISA
information the system fails to re-start.
I have run a comprehensive test program and the kit seems to be in good condition.
Any thoughts appreciated.

---