Re: sarge install

On Nov 18, Helge Kreutzmann (kreutzm@itp.uni-hannover.de) wrote:
 > On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 08:41:05AM +0100, Gregor Stößer wrote:
 > > I have the  same problems on my XP1000 with the recent netinst-iso.
 > > Aboot loads the ramdisk, but after uncompression it fails to mount
 > > the root file system. Any clues how to fix this?
 > > Regards
 >
 > when putting up a machine here with Debian stable we decided to take
 > the chance and try the new installer beforehand, but ended up in exact
 > the same problem. We played a little, but could not proceed further.
 > My collegue has send in an "installation report" but I don't know if
 > he has received any answer.

Same here with CD images on my XP1000 (about a month ago).  I sent a few
messages to debian-boot asking for help, but I got the impression from the
definitive plan for how it _should_ work, much less to where it was usable.  I
ended up installing woody, then dist-upgrading to sid so I could help by
fixing Alpha RC bugs.  I figured at this point that would be more helpful.
Eventually I'll try the install from scratch again.

--
Neil Roeth