Re: depmod: Unhandled relocation of type 10 for .text

Thus spake Juhana Paavola:
> What's going on ?
> Modules don't load, insmod just shows same unhandled errors.
>
> Kernel source is 2.4.19 from kernel.org.
> Gcc is 3.2.3,2.95.4 and 3.3.2 (all compiles but gives same error).

I think this is a binutils bug - check bugs.d.o, but I'm fairly sure
this was reported several times.  I got around it by just building the
kernel without any modules.  A new binutils went into unstable
yesterday, and it had some patches for alpha, so you might want to try
it out and see if it fixes your problem.

--
Nathan Poznick <poznick@conwaycorp.net>

By gnawing through a dike, even a rat may drown a nation. - Edmund
Burke