Re: malfunctioning floppy drive

This may seem obvious, but have you checked the cable on the back of the Floppy? Is pin 1 aligned correctly?
Josh
At 10:33 PM 10/3/2003 +0100, Simon Tierney wrote:
Every now and then I post a message in case anyone can help me solve the
problem of the floppy drive malfunctioning.

I have Digital Server 7305 and 3000 which have the same problem.

The floppy drive is recognised by SRM during start-up and "SHOW DEV" reports
the device as if it is OK.

The activity light stays on constantly, after start-up.

Red Hat 7.2  sees the floppy, but can't mount it.

Because the machines are so different and both Digital, I wonder if anyone
can suggest a solution to this problem?

I would like to change the RAID configuration / reflash the firmware(s), but
I can't load the programs from the CD-ROM drive.

Someone suggested to  me this issue might be due to firmware or SRM.

Any help would be welcome.

Simon

---