Re: MILO boot to single user

Don Hayward wrote:
On a 433 (a miata box) I had a running system with xdm until the recent
x upgrades.  Now it goes to xdm and locks.  How can I tell MILO to boot me
into single user so I can shut off xdm?  Thanks.

You should have two options to key in a "single" option, which should
be forwarded from MILO to the kernel an then to init.

The first option is to alter the OSLOADOPTIONS environment variable in
AlphaBIOS/ARC for the appropriate boot selection. The second option is
to force a "soft reboot" within Linux, which should give you the
opportunity to key in a "boot" command directly ay the MILO prompt ("hit
any key for interactive mode"). This boot command should be the same as
the one you are actually using, via OSLOADOPTIONS from AlphaBIOS/ARC,
plus any option you want to give in addition.

HTH,
Stefan Schroepfer