Debian Insatll Compaq XP 1000

Hi

I am trying to install debian woody on a Compaq XP 1000. Tried te CD but the ssytem freezes when probing the second SCSI disk. I tried a floppy instalation with the same problem.

Also tried to compile a kernel for this machine (2.4.22) and this time there was no problem probing the SCSI hardware (the SCSI controller is a Qlogic ISP1020 and the problem was solved using the iqslogic module).

The probelma now is when using the root disk it gives a lot of weird messages about no being able to find the tail comand. I think the problem is that the root disk was created for a 2.2.20 kernel.

Does anyone know how to create the install floppies from scratch?

Thanks in advance