Re: AlphaServer GS140 (8400)

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 11:02:23PM +0200, Michael Schulz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Pasi Pirhonen wrote:
>
> >I have told that it's upgraded GS140 (from AlphaServer 8400). It has
> >8CPU (6/525 if my memory serves me. 2/board) and 12GB memory
> >(4GB/board).
> >

> Is that your first/ only Alpha?  What kind of disks do you have in ther?
> Digital
> SBBs or Compaq universal disks? If you have another Alpha which is supported
> you could install there and then move the disks over.  One  good
> resource is
> http://www.alphalinux.org.

No. I do have one 4100 (2xCPU 512MB memory) right here same room as the
'beats'. I have one Noname AXPPci 'somewhere home'. Another XL266 and
actually will get more if i like to have more Alphas.

There isn't actually much hardware (not so loaded) as that machine was
for math oriented task before. Currently there is only 3 disks and few
ethernets. One ethernet is enought :)

The problem AFAIK is that there is not support in Linux kernel for
galaxy-arch machines?

PS. Why i choose always the difficult ones? Like the task i made with the
(If i remeber correctly) potato to get some kind of installer that
worked like mainstream (was that -97?) :)

               ___o     </\_    upi@iki.fi
   /\o_      _ \<,_   __/\      <URL: http://iki.fi/upi/ >