Re: SCSI speed

On Sunday 21 September 2003 08:58 pm, Jean-Sébastien Guay wrote:
> So my question is, why is the latest kernel giving me only 5
> MBPS? Is there a configuration setting I need to turn on in
> the kernel or in some config file? I tried looking around, but
> I can't find anything specific to my particular
> circumstances...

What SCSI controller are you using?  Each SCSI HBA driver has
different options.  Some have options for forcing a certain
speed.

Also, what module did your Debian kernel use for the SCSI driver,
and what module does your new 2.4.22 kernel use?  Some cards
(like SymBIOS/NCR and QLogic cards) have multiple possible
drivers to choose from.  It's quite likely that in those cases,
one driver will work better for you than another.

--
Kelledin
it still cost four figures to fix?"