Re: xl266 matrox millenium

Dan Field wrote:
hi all.

I recently got debian 3.0 running on my xl 266 but I can't for the life of me get any form of working x configuration. Any ideas/XF86Config-4 files ?

tia

I am running a Matrox Millenium on a XLT 300 here w/o problems. I am running the X version from "testing", which might be a later version than the one in "stable". As I recall, it worked OK with the Debian 3.0 install when it came out...

Check the X log file in /var/log/XFree86.0.log (there might be a ....1.log, etc). Frequently these files will help pin-point what is going wrong.

I could share my XF86Config-4 file if you want, but before that try to re-configure it with:

1.  dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86
2.  select the "mga" driver
3.  DON'T use the "framebuffer" if offered as a choice.

The rest is pretty straight-forward as I recall.

Holler if you need my file...

Cheers,
-Don Spoon-