raidtools2 with 2.2.20 kernel

Title: raidtools2 with 2.2.20 kernel

Hi:
I would like to software raid my scsi disks on an AlphaServer 800.
I currently am running kernel version 2.2.20/Woody.  I have installed the kernel-patch-2.2.20-raid package and rebooted, but when I try to install raidtools2 it states that:

"It looks like you are running kernel version 2.0 or 2.2 without the correct RAID patch applied.  Blah blah blah"

Is there something else I have to do when applying a kernel patch other then:

apt-get install kernel-patch-2.2.20-raid

Reboot

??

Thank You,
Chandi