Re: Woody, Milo, XLT and 2.4.22

Hello Thomas,

> i wanted to dust-off my XLT ( XL-366 ) after quite some time, and
> get it running using Woody.

I have the same machine (probably some hardware differences, as I added
a 9GB SCSI deive and replaced the Oxygen 102 video card with a Matrox
Mystique). It currently runs Woody testing/unstable very well.

> The woody-milo seems not able to start a kernel build for the XLT,
> only "generic"-arch kernels will work. The Xlt-kernels load, but
that's
> it. Complete hang, no messages.

I am currently running the 2.4.18-generic kernel that I got by updating
the machine from stable to testing/unstable. It boots fine, including
the initrd. That's with the latest milo I got from somewhere on the net,
based on kernel 2.2.18 I believe. Is there any reason why you can't use
that kernel?

Good luck,

J-S

Jean-Sébastien Guay                    jean_seb@videotron.ca