Netscape crashing [Fwd: Re: Re: Browser for Multia]

Sites that crash Netscape 4.78 on my Alphas.

www.zend.com (uses PHP)
www.oceanatlas.org (uses JSP)
www.ebay.com (uses static HTML)
www.c-span.org

Going to these and others results in an instant Netscape crash for me.
The source is supposed to available at mozilla.org but I only see Mozilla
itself there, not Commuicator.  My build of Mozilla 2.6 took up 2 Gig
of disk space (wow).  It doesn't crash going to those sites, but it is
incredibly slow, 50 sec. just to come up on the XP1000.  Is the Netscape
really "open".

Sigh,
Martin