Re: Alpha Tempurature

On Mon, 2003-09-08 18:44:17 +0200, Adrian Zaugg <adi@geo.unizh.ch>
wrote in message <[🔎] 20030908183655.E30B.ADI@geo.unizh.ch>:

> On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 13:33:24 +0200
> Sander van Malssen <svm@kozmix.org> wrote:
>
> > We do have one AS800 running Debian here, but I haven't been able to
> > find out yet how to read out the temperature under Linux.
>
> Someone mentioned once on this list it is possible to get
> informations from SRM console. In SRM you might can use "show power" to
> get the temperature. If so and your kernel supports /proc/srm* you could
> get the info like:
> cat /proc/srm_environment/named_variables/power
>
> I haven't tried it, but maybe I works.

It won't work. ENV_POWER isn't mentioned in ./linux/asm-alpha/console.h
so I had no chance to get it's numeric ID. If available at all, you'll
get it by accessing it under /proc/srm_env*/numbered_variables/ ...

If anybody has got additional environment numbers (with respect to
console.h) please tell me to add them.

MfG, JBG

      ret = do_actions((curr | FREE_SPEECH) & ~(IRAQ_WAR_2 | DRM | TCPA));