Re: Alpha Tempurature

I was just throwing out numbers for PC tempuratures. I try and keep mine around 45C, 55C under load. Sometimes I don't get to keep the idle tempurature. But, I know they can run MUCH hotter. But we're not here to debate PC cpu temps.

I also think my alpha is too hot. Since my PWS 500au has a 80mm fan in the front ducted to the cpu, I'm thinking about replacing it with a much better fan (perhaps 80cfpm, HEHE). At least I'll be happier leaving it running all day.
Nice to know it does have shutdown if it gets too hot, at least it's not too hot then. I've also heard about that safety off thing with the fan. I was told it happened when the fan wasn't pulling current, so if it failed, or was unplugged then your alpha wouldn't power.

Sander, what kind of alphaservers are those. Perhaps Tru64 has monitoring, and linux doesn't yet. Maybe if I used tru64, I could get my temp? Or maybe not because of my chip. Let me know.

Zach