Re: alpha server 800

Hello,

The patch for the DAC960 can be found at http://lists.debian.org/debian-alpha/2003/debian-alpha-200302/msg00154.html

You should apply the patch for dac960.c but not the one for do_mounts.c because this is alredy in the Kernel. You have to chaet a bit when installing because Debian (not even the installed system) doesn't have the device files needed for the DAC960. They can be created using mknod. Tip: Use a SCSI-Disk on the normal SCSI controller to install a base Debian. This gives you some kind of a rescue system if something goes wrong during the installation on the Raid. If you wish, I could provide you with the running kernel from my system (2.4.21) or its configuration file.

Greetings,

Jan

maximilian attems wrote:

salut :)