Re: MILO won't boot kernel on EB64-275

On Thursday 28 August 2003 11:31, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> What do you want to do:

Get this thing to boot Linux and, preferably, NetBSD.

> *)Switch from ARC to SRM

If I do this I get no output whatsoever on the monitor. It simply stays in
suspend mode. I can't connect to the serial console without the necessary
null-modem cable. So until I manage to source one I'm stuffed... Unless I can
set the SRM output to go to the graphics console from DBM or ARC.

> *)Boot from ARC ?

As second best option, yes.
This is what I'm trying to do with MILO.

My other alpha (a DEC 3000 M600) outputs its console through a DEC MMJ
connector. This board also has one but it runs something called a "mini
debugger" on it.

Any help with any of these topics much appreciated.

Thanks,
--
Mark Ter Morshuizen
IT Box Computer Services