Re: MILO won't boot kernel on EB64-275

Hello,
On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 11:02:59AM +0200, Mark Ter Morshuizen wrote:
> I'm trying to do a clean install on my EB64-275. I have loaded MILO by
> putting it on a floppy disk, naming it fwupdate.exe and choosing "Update
> Firmware" from the ARC menu. This loads MILO sucessfully but whenever I issue
> a boot command like "boot fd:linux.bin" I get a message like "Not enough
> memory" I have 256 Mb of which MILO sees 32 Mb.
>
> Is there some way that I can convince SRM to appear on my monitor without
> actually getting into SRM first? I get no output on the monitor and no life
> in the keyboard when I boot into SRM so I'm assuming that output is going to
> the serial console. I have ordered a cable to connect the alpha to a PC but
> haven't got it yet.

What do you want to do:

*)Switch from ARC to SRM
*)Boot from ARC ?

In the former, you don't need milo, in the latter you don't need to
rename it. If the console is on the serial port in SRM, you usually
just have to hit Enter a few times to get it also prompted on the
screen, I think

set console visual

will then put it permanently there (check the archives for the exact
command).

Greetings

          Helge
--