MILO won't boot kernel on EB64-275

Hi,

I'm trying to do a clean install on my EB64-275. I have loaded MILO by
putting it on a floppy disk, naming it fwupdate.exe and choosing "Update
Firmware" from the ARC menu. This loads MILO sucessfully but whenever I issue
a boot command like "boot fd:linux.bin" I get a message like "Not enough
memory" I have 256 Mb of which MILO sees 32 Mb.

Is there some way that I can convince SRM to appear on my monitor without
actually getting into SRM first? I get no output on the monitor and no life
in the keyboard when I boot into SRM so I'm assuming that output is going to
the serial console. I have ordered a cable to connect the alpha to a PC but
haven't got it yet.

Any help appreciated.
--
Mark Ter Morshuizen