ata-100/133 cards on lx164?

On Sat, Aug 23, 2003 at 02:14:56AM -0400, Tom Vier wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 10:35:24PM -0400, Tom Vier wrote:
> > PDC20269: too many IDE interfaces, no room in table
>
> my .config was set to 2 ctrls max. everything works now. 8)

How well is this controller working for you?

I just put a PDC20268 controller in my lx164 that came with a WD 160gb
7200rpm 8mb cache hard drive.

I get these messages on boot when it first checks the partition table
and once or twice a minute thereafter as i'm doing long running burn-in
testing (two looping large compiles) on the drive.

  hde: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
  hde: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }

The drive tested out fine on a PC with the WD extended test diag. tool
but i haven't tried testing the controller+drive under linux on any other
machines (i'll do that and try a different drive on this controller next).
I'm using an unmodified 2.4.21 kernel.

-g