Re: Problems with installing Linux on a DEC1000A

At 12:28 18/08/2003 -0500, Nathan Poznick wrote:
Thus spake Bourdin Pierre:
> I'am trying to install the debian on an alpha 2100 (sable), I have
> problem with the Mylex controller too.

I've got an as2100 with a mylex controller... I cheated though, and took
one drive off the mylex, put it on the onboard scsi, and did the initial
install to it.  I had to compile my own 2.4.21 kernel with the patch to
the DAC960 driver to get the controller to be recognized.  I've been
contemplating making another pass at an installation with a custom
install kernel, but I didn't really know where to start with that.
Yes I have done it the first time to test how stable it was... I had no trouble (but no RAID). Now I still have some small disk, but they are packed in a rack green or grey and I don't know how to put it on the onboard scsi ?

How did you proceed ? Just plug it on the scsi chain ? was it packed like mine ?

Thanks for your help.
Pierre.

--
Nathan Poznick <poznick@conwaycorp.net>

It is of eloquence as of a flame; it requires matter to feed it, and
motion to excite it; and it brightens as it burns. - Tacitus