164 ux problem

Hi list,
i guess this must have been asked before, but I couldn't find anything about it in the archives:

I've got a 164 ux (ruffian) and understand that i cannot switch to srm (at least several people told me so)

I'm booting the machine with the stock 2.2. kernel via an old milo image. so far, so good. only i'd like to use a more modern kernel (and some more hardware modules). after having compiled sources for 2.4.21, I try to compile the MILO 2.4.0 sources,
which fails because the kernel interface for xtime() seems to have changed.

any hints ?

tia,
	tilo