Re: quiet CPU fan for 164LX?

Thanks for the suggestion, that worked great.  I bought the vantec
60->80mm fan adaptor and an 80mm vantec stealth fan (21 dBa) from
www.xpcgear.com.  My system is -much- quieter now (i never knew that my
5400rpm samsung 120g ide drive actually made tiny noises :).

One thing anyone else attempting this should be aware of:  the 164LX
CPU fan header on the motherboard uses a different pinout than regular
PC fans; I had to pull the wires out of the plug and rearrange them to
match the old fan for it to work.

-g