Failure report: Connect3D ATI All-In-Wonder VE PCI (Radeon 7500, 64 MB)

Platform: Alphastation 500/266 (EV5)
SRM revision: V7.2-2
ARC revision: 4.58
Card: Connect3D ATI All-In-Wonder VE PCI (Radeon 7500, 64 MB)

SRM hangs in BIOS emulation (after writing "eb" to serial
console).  ARC hangs similarly but doesn't support a serial
console.  Workaround: install a Matrox Millennium as well,
then SRM initializes it instead.  I didn't test whether this
helps with ARC too.

I can get a picture with XFree86 4.2.1, and DRI seems to work.
However, if the monitor isn't connected, X won't start at all.
Also, closing and restarting X makes the card display garbage
until I power-cycle the machine.  These problems might be caused
by not running the BIOS.

I haven't tested the TV features or compatibility with MILO.