Re: quiet CPU fan for 164LX?

On 2003.08.07 15:04, Gregory P. Smith wrote:
Does anyone have a good source for a quiet/silent CPU fan for use in
a 164LX?  The fan in mine appears to be a simple 68mm x 68mm square
fan that screws onto the heatsink.

I considered using a normal 80mm fan and one of those funnel-shaped fan reducers to 68 (60?)mm. The flow with the stock fan is only 17 cfm if I recall correctly, so a nice quiet 20-25 cfm 80mm fan should work quite nicely. But instead I moved the LX to the basement :-)

See http://www.modsynergy.com/Review%2012.htm for an idea of what I'm talking about (not that I'd use that adaptor; something more funnel shaped like this: http://www.xpcgear.com/fanadaptor.html , if found in the right size, would IMO work better.

-Doug