which ATI video does 164LX ARC firmware like?

Any idea which if any of the ATI video cards the 164LX ARC firmware likes?
I want to replace my Matrox Millenium II with a more modern card and
am hoping not to have to reflash the firmware.  ATI radeon 7000 (ve),
7500 and 9100 are all options i'm considering.

Also, if I do have to switch to SRM, will recent SRMs boot off of an
IDE disk?  (i'd like to get rid of the noisy 9gb scsi drive)

-g