Re: compiler errors: md needed for hardware raid?

Am Dienstag, 15. Juli 2003 16:37 schrieb Patrick Caulfield:

> LVM works fine on Alpha, though personally I'm using LVM2 now :-)
> Yes it wil do RAID0 without md. if you want RAID1 or RAID5 then you
> need to set up md and /then/ LVM

hm, I just wanted to remove md support from the kernel, but that
deactivates LVM also...
In xconfig it's under the option "Multi device support (Raid and LVM)",
and when I remove the "Multiple devices driver support (RAID and LVM)",
the option "LVM support" gets greyed out...

Lars