Re: Debian in a Digital AlphaStation 500a

On Tue, 2003-07-15 03:04:10 +0200, erevan@plugs.it <erevan@plugs.it>
wrote in message <[🔎] 62379.151.29.71.46.1058231050.squirrel@www.plugs.it>:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to install debian on the alpha,  but the kernel (i am booting
> from srm) freezes when it try to probe pci.
> I have tried to give the flag "pci=off" from the srm prompt, but it
> doesn't work.
> Has anybody had the same problem? Can anybody suggest a solution for my
> problem?

Please describe *exactly* what you did. What did your boot line look
like? What's the last messages you see from your kernel? Do you use
keyboard/display or serial console?

MfG, JBG

      ret = do_actions((curr | FREE_SPEECH) & ~(IRAQ_WAR_2 | DRM | TCPA));