Kernel Oops when installing woody on AlphaServer 800

I try to install Woody on an AlphaServer 800 from floppies but the kernel
>from the boot floppy generates an oops message:
Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 0000000000000010
swapper(1): Oops 0

the last line before I see this is
loop: registered device at major 7

I get the same Error when I try to use the boot floppy from potato

Since I'm new to linuxon alpha I have no clue where to start...

Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance,

Jan