Re: kdegames, lyx and xserver-xfree86

On Thursday 24 April 2003 11:33, Kelledin wrote:
> >  Now I only have xserver-xfree86/unstable who gives me errors
> > on start-up, with something like
> >   ELF - relocation error
> > has somebody a working unstable-version of xfree86? Last time
> > I tried, the xserver-xfree86/testing package worked all right.
> > Is it still for the error in gzip that unstable doesn't work?
> > Just curious.
>
> This is not the error in gzip.  This is a bug in XFree86 4.2.x
> (and probably earlier) when built with recent gcc (>=3.1.1
> IIRC).  I've posted the relevant XFree86 patch here:
>
> http://skarpsey.dyndns.org/alpha-lfs/patches/XFree86-4.2-gprel.patch
>
> The bug is fixed in XFree86 4.3.0.
>
> (This patch was contributed by Thorsten Kraznowski)

Hi,
OK, thanks for the info. I mis-wrote my thoughts: is it due to the fact of the
gzip-error (see earlier on this list) that a new, fixed XFree86 is not
compiled and put into place, yet?
 Anyway, one day or another I'll take the step and try to apply as a DM, but
it seems like quite a high goal to me for the moment. Meanwhile I just stay
interested ;-)

Ineiti

--
Linus Gasser