question

Hi All,

I have a quick question, I think I asked it before but can't be sure.  I have a 433au, 256M of ram, external 56k modem running debian 3.0 r1.  I have it installed, and everything seems to work except one very important thing.  When I connect using kppp it goes through the motions, I hear the wonderful noise and it connects.   But then it disconnects immediately and when I read the error report it says something like "needs password to authenticate itself"  "can't find appropraite password".  I am using PAP as authentication method.

When I use wvdial it connects and stays connected, but the problem here is that when I try to check my email or surf the web the computer goes to the network instead of the modem.  I can see the lights flashing on my router, and no flashing on the modem.  Any ideas?  thanks in advance.

Bob