Re: gnucash

On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 08:51:13AM +0200, Andrew Maier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> does anyone know why there is no gnucash for alpha available?
>
> Is there something which prevents it from compiling or has it simply not
> been uploaded?

> I would rather install gnucash from a .deb than have to compile it my
> self, since gnucash is known to be dependent on millions of other -dev
> packages which make it difficult to compile.

I tried the package recently backported (v. 1.8) which supposedly had
a "clean" toolchain, but it failed. I am be really interested in
gnucash myself :-))

If you should succeed building from source (on woody ?) then please
tell me, though looking at my attempts it likly fails as well.

                  Helge
--
Helge Kreutzmann, Dipl.-Phys.               Helge.Kreutzmann@itp.uni-hannover.de
  gpg signed mail preferred    gpg-key: finger kreutzm@rigel.itp.uni-hannover.de