Re: boot problems

Hello,
On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 10:28:02PM +0300, Nick Ntarmos wrote:

> Ok... If I get things right, you have vmlinuz-2.2.22 in /boot and /boot2
> and links to them from /, yes? So I guess "farness" is not an issue
> here. Do both links point to the absolute path of their respective
> image? Do you have sparse superblocks? Just inferring...

I imagine that boot2 was not present, when the machine was installed.
So when the directory boot2 was created, already some part of the disc
was used. So that way boot2 *might* have gotten further into the disc.
This does not matter with recent aboot's so that's why I am asking for
the version. And sparse superblocks, if they interferred, should do
for both.

             Helge

--
Helge Kreutzmann, Dipl.-Phys.               Helge.Kreutzmann@itp.uni-hannover.de