Re: usb card

Hi,

I successfully put a USB 2.0 PCI card into my PWS 500au. It runs fine in 1.1
mode under kernel 2.4.18. (2.4.20 has support for USB 2.0, but I failed
it getting X to work , more specifically my mouse to work). But I am in
no urge to upgrade since I have no USB 2.0 devices.

I bought some no name card in a shop. The only thing I made sure of was
that it is OHCI compatible.

The next thing you have to do is to install the hotplug package. And off
you go. So far I have connected cameras, memory devices and even a USB
CDburner to my alpha. Very nice.

	Andrew