Re: Xfree

Hi Chaps,

Thanks for that. Maybe I'll use something else in the mean time.

The system has a UP1500 motherboard. I purchased off of ebay. I had to sell
my SX based system to afford it. Seems pretty speedy so far.

I have another Alpha with Debian installed. I can't remember whether I used
XF86Config to configure the graphics card. The problem is I'm using a TFT
monitor and I'm wary about which settings I use. I was sure there was
another method similar to the X config used in the original install. I have
some S3 PCI cards maybe I'll use one of those to get refamiliar with the
process.

The radeon card wasn't to expensive. I had to buy the memory from crucial
and whilst ebay is good for somethings the convoluted process to buy
something like a Voodoo 2000 which is what I would have bought otherwise
gets to you after a while.

Aha wait a minute if I remember correctly isn't there a way to re go through
the install process which means you can re do the X configure. If that's so
could anyone remind me, I've got to get some kip now got to go to work again
tomorow.

Thanks for any help.

Kind regards,

Peter Watkinson