Re: video cards

Bob Schmidt [pastorbob@centurytel.net] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Showing my ignorance here concerning alpha machines.  Can you use any pci video
> cards in these machines? (I have a Digital 433au)

In principle, yes.  It is a matter of whether there are drivers, and
those drivers work on alpha.  So search the web and mailing lists for
specific cards that people have gotten working on alpha.

I have a Matrox Millenium II and G200 both of which work (including
TV/Video drivers on the G200 Marvel).

Cheers,
Bob McElrath [Univ. of Wisconsin at Madison, Department of Physics]

    "You measure democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the
    freedom it gives its assimilated conformists." -- Abbie Hoffman