From: port-alpha-owner@netbsd.org [mailto:port-alpha-owner@netbsd.org]On
Behalf Of Ted Goodridge, Jr
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2003 11:45 AM
To: axp-list@redhat.com; Staffan Thomen
Cc: port-alpha@netbsd.org; debian-alpha@lists.debian.org;
axp-list@redhat.com
Subject: Re: DEC PWS 600au 1.5GB RAM on E-Bay

Forgive me for my ignorance, but what would cause you to use the full 1.5
Gig ram?  The only time I have ever had RAM issues is with Windows XP +
Photoshop/Poser (XP is a RAM hog, but I think it is much faster than
previous versions, so are those graphics apps) and I start using the
pagefile/virtual memory after maxing my 512meg ram.

In linux, what would cause your system to grab that much RAM?

Ted

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1484&item=3410719034

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1486&item=3410641248

> Thanks Steffan =;>