network problems

Ever since I loaded Debian 3.0 on my machine I have
not been able to reach about 5% of the internet.
I upgraded to 3.0r1, and still have the problem.
Anything I cannot reach with Mozilla, I also cannot
reach with Lynx.  Example URLs that I cannot reach
are:

www.lib.ttu.edu
www.sonystyle.com
www.rainbird.com
www.philipsusa.com

I could get www.google.com until very recently, and
now I can no longer get it.

The only thing "unusual" I did was load SSH when I
installed the system.

I have an Alpha EV5 with IDE drive and dial up
modem.

Apparently no one running Debian on a Pentium has
this problem.  Am I the only one running Debian on
an Alpha with the problem?  I do not know whether
the problem is alpha specific, or specific to some
mistake I made when installing.

If anyone knows what this problem is all about, I
would appreciate the info.

Thanks,

Donald Daniel