Re: setting up kernel 2.4

As someone in this list pointed out the troubles to boot either a
2.4.20 or 2.4.18 kernel with my digital alpha 500 is due to the
core_cia.c module (included in the kernel), which fails to recognize
the hardware causing a kernel panic failure.

I've downloaded the debian 2.4.18. source original and diff tarballs
and have had a go at compiling the unchanged original 2.4.18 kernel
but the result has been the same, a kernel panic failure!

Please help

Ciao
Vittorio