Re: Promise Controller

On Tue, 01 Apr 2003, Richard Fillion wrote:

> hde: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
> hde: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
> hde: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
> hde: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
> hde: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
> hde: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
> PDC202XX: Primary channel reset.
> ide2: reset: success
>  hde1 hde2
>
> It still complains at boot.. but not it works atleast.  Thanks, i cant

> So..back to the promise controller, should i be worried about those
> error messages?  Can i ignore them safely?

Hmmm, when I swapped slave to master the messages went away. Could this be
an alpha dma problem related to 32/64 bit slots?

If not, try the usual suspects: what promise card is it? should it be able
to run at udma1000. Should the drive? Is the cable 80pin. Is it too long?

I realize that you've probably checked these, but it can't hurt to be
doubly sure.