Re[2]: can't compile kernel

Dear Joakim

On Sat, 15 Mar 2003 15:29:55 +0100 (CET)
Joakim Roubert <jokke@df.lth.se> wrote:

> On Sat, 15 Mar 2003, Adrian Zaugg wrote:
>
> > Now for many attempts I'm trying to compile a 2.4.x Kernel for my system
> > and I fail.
>
> What version of gcc do you use?
2.95.4
> I had problems with the normal stable one, but when I compiled with the
> unstable gcc it worked out allright.
Can I compile it with a higher version and run it anyway on woody?
(Sorry, I'm a real beginner in terms of compiling...)

I will have to compile it on my unstable X86 box, I saw I can set the
architecture for make-kpkg. How can I set the architecture for make
xconfig?

Regards, Adrian.