Re: AIW Radeon+LX164--compatible?

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 12:15:20PM -0600, Kelledin wrote:

> The way it looks now, I might get the both of them for a fairly
> low price (I can't get them separate, only both together).  I'm
> not quite able to figure out everything about them, but from
> what I can gather, they're a couple of the first Radeon AIW
> products, based on some revision of the R100 core.  They're
> classified as briefly-tested parts taken from working systems.
>
> My question is, would they be compatible with a PC164LX?  If so,
> and one of them works, that would be all I need right now to get
> a working X server on my Alpha box--good 2D, light 3D accel, and
> some other AIW features that I might try to make use of later.

Compatible with LX:	YES (update to latest SRM, ie V5.8)
Good 2D, lite 3D accel:	YES (R100 was 2D/3D tested in LX for RH 7.2 Alpha)
AIW (ie TV) later:	YES (but doesn't work now, or so I've been told)

 --Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - LINUX support
Hewlett-Packard Company - MRO1-2/K15       (508) 467-2080
200 Forest Street, Marlboro MA 01752       Jay.Estabrook@hp.com