Re: Multia Install problems

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, mcompengr@earthlink.net wrote:

> Did you try partition "a" to start at 2 (not 1)?  BTW, that swap
> partition "b" looks rather huge. (Almost 4 Gig.?  A size twice that
> of physical memory size should be enough.)   Also, "a" probably wants
> to be ext2, too, and maybe bigger.  And, "c" should maybe start at
> the end of (a much smaller) "b" plus 1.  I don't think things will
> work with a filesystem's partition and the swap partition overlapping.

This scheme is what showed up whenever I createdthe full disk label & is
definetely not what I asked for - Looking back at it now in retrospec,
that layout looks plenty out of whack.

> > #       start       end      size     fstype   [fsize bsize   cpg]
> >   a:        1       129       129     unused        0     0
> >   b:      130      2033      1904       swap
> >   c:        1      2033      2033       ext2
> > #

Regardless, by deleteing the a slice (thank you Richard Fillion
<rick@rhix.ods.org.), the aboot install at least appeared to have took.
I'm sure I'll redo it over serveral times till I've firgured it out, but
for the time being, I'd like to make sure the base install worked.  I
didn't see any milo or aboot prompt on boot - am I missing something/
where do I head from here?

--
Mark T. Valites
Unix Systems Analyst