Re: [Fwd: Re: seti@home for alpha]

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 08:16:50AM -0600, John E Clymer wrote:
> I recently placed SETI@HOME on my an axp pci 33.  Got the client
> directly from seti@home's web site.  The url is:
>
> http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/unix.html
>
> the client's name is alpha-unknown-linux-gnu.
>
> As best I can tell, it's a statically linked binary.  Upon initial
> installation, it complained about a lockfile already in use.  There
> wasn't a lock file in the run directory.  Perusing the help pages for
> it, there is a -nolock option that skips the lockfile.  Even with this
> option set, I only get one instance of seti for the given user in the
> given directory.

hi  you can only run one instance per account.  run as many as you have
cpus.  i ran one for many months with good results.

> It has now been running on the AXP for about three weeks.

the program is not available in source for control purposes... no
hacking it and yes, you must use the -nolock option.

dave

--
Dave Mallery, K5EN          (debian testing & woody)
PO Box 520         .~.    _      Ramah,  NM  87321